For stays of longer than 3 months, the family members of an EU citizen who are not EU nationals must apply for a residence card for family members of EU citizens at the local police headquarters or through the post (using the application kit with a yellow stripe).

Certificates and extracts from the birth certificate must be requested from the municipal registry office.

When repatriating a body (or ashes or mineralised human remains), a distinction must be made according to the country of destination.