Work & retirement

Citizens of other European Union Member States who have been lawfully resident in the territory of the Italian Republic for at least four years can apply for Italian citizenship, which may be granted by decree of the President of the Republic, on the proposal of the Minister of the Interior.

For stays of more than 3 months, non-EU family members of an EU citizen must apply for a residence card for family members of EU citizens, by submitting an application at the Questura (police headquarters) or by posting it using the appropriate form available at post offices authorised to receive

Travelling within the European Union - Documents required for EU citizens, their third-country national family members, unaccompanied minors and third-country nationals when travelling between EU Member States (identity card, visa, passport)